Tuesday, February 19, 2008

1 year Check-up!

Hi Family & Friends,
Today I had my 1 year check-up and let me just begin by saying that I am very thankful to be a healthy growing girl but.... I HATE SHOTS! Today I weighed in at 20 lbs 11 ozs and I am 28 and 1/4 inches long. Still a petite girl, but the doctor says I'm doing great. I had to do some assessment tests to check my social, fine motor and mental skills and what do you know, I'm a genius!
The doctor checked my tummy, ears, eyes, and mouth. He was glad to see that I have 6 teeth now! I should have bit him, but I was a good girl. Dr. Sumner says I can drink whole milk now and Mommy & Daddy were excited to hear that. Overall he was very impressed with how well I have been doing. I laughed a lot at the doctor and waved, trying to be on my best behavior hoping he would let me out of all the shots to come....
But in comes the nurse with LOTS of needles and band-aids, so that's never a good sign. I got a shot in each leg and each arm! And to top off 4 shots, she pricked my finger to get a very generous amount of my blood for testing. I can't believe my Mommy and Daddy didn't stop her!! Finally after the torture was over, I got dressed and have never been so happy to leave that place!
I go back at 15 months...for more, yes, dreadfully, more of those awful shots! Until next time, I'm off for a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the sweeties that read my blog wanna say...