Monday, January 31, 2011

broken foot

I'm sure the title of this blog has you a little worried...


Let me paint the picture for you..we were out for our afternoon dog walk on a "soon to be snowy day" - Daddy had Dixie, I had Sammy, and Mommy, well she was walking for two. So anyway, we're off...all of a sudden, Daddy steps off the side walk right at a storm drain and we thought he had just twisted his ankle slighty...I mean for heaven's sake..there wasn't even any snow on the ground! But poor Daddy fell to his knees in pain yelping "Oh NO, it's broken". Poor Mommy and I didn't know what to do - so we took off running *side note: Baby Mackey was probably very shaken up at this point* and we got the car to go back to get Daddy. When we returned he was layed over in the grass holding his foot...poor Daddy.
So we get home, and with no experience with broken bones, Mommy and Daddy frantically called around some places to see where we were supposed to take Daddy (who at this point couldn't stand on his foot) *Another side note: it began pouring snow*
So we finally figure out to take Daddy to the Sports Medicine and Orthopedics Clinic After Hours Urgent Care....we expected a full out waiting room but to our surprise we got right in! Daddy had indeed cracked a bone in his foot - and for a 3 year old seeing Daddy's bones of his foot on a computer screen was quite amazing....
So they bandaged Daddy's poor foot up with a walking boot and gave him some crutches..*Now, it was snowing pretty heavily*
We got home, doctored up Daddy and I wrapped his foot with every baby blanket I could find in my room. You know, the easiest way to heal a broken foot is to wrap the foot in like 14 blankets. ;) - so I thought....
Daddy's foot is healing...for now it has a really cool greenish/yellow bruise on it...and to think this wasn't even weather related...

No comments:

Post a Comment

the sweeties that read my blog wanna say...