Wednesday, June 4, 2014

take us to the beach


We're the type of family that could live at the beach, literally, on the beach, in the sand all summer. I'd eat, sleep, and lay there on the burning sand soaking in the sun forever if I could.
 
We took a trip last year to Top Sail Beach ~ it was heaven.
 
The beach gives such a relaxing vibe. It's peaceful. No where to be, nothing to do. It relieves all urgency, all worries, every care in the world is evaporated at the beach.
 
The sounds: the seagulls flying overhead, the breeze whistling through our hair, the ocean crashing onto the shore, the crabs scurrying across the sand, the laughter from children, the casual conversations of families, umbrellas flapping wildly against the wind, and ships floating slowly by with friendly guests.
 
The smells: coconut oils and sprays, sunscreens, fresh laundried towels, salty air, deliciously smelling shampoos as hair blows in the breeze and fresh everything.
 
The feel: crisp burning sun against our skin, soft warm sand sliding between our toes, rough seashells hitting our toes in the ocean, icey cold ocean water splashing against our skin, wind whipping across our faces and through our hair.
 
I hope my children grow to appreciate the peacefulness and calmness of the beach as I have. For there is nothing like making memories every summer with those you love.

I swear in another life, I must have been a mermaid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

the sweeties that read my blog wanna say...