Wednesday, September 7, 2011

a love letter to my little one..

This week we have referred to our Reese as "monster baby"...true story.
Now, I know when you look at this face, you think: "absolutely no way"...
Ok, Reese will be 16 weeks old on Thursday and we think that maybe, perhaps, she could be teething...
Is it too early?
This sweet sweet little beautiful bundle of love has been sucking on her fingers, screaming, had rosy cheeks, and a slight fever... all signs of teething...so what do mama and poppa do? EVERYTHING we can think of. Seriously. everything.
And alas, you know what works...snuggling up with us, being cuddled up and smooched on.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if cuddles and kisses fixed all our problems? ;)
So, today, I'm writing a little note to Reese because despite her irritability and my craziness to try and help...I love the little booger.

Dear my little Binky Bear,
Mommy can not believe how fast you are growing. You are 16 weeks old! If I could freeze time, I would. I wish I could hold you in my arms forever. Your sweet face, that beautiful smile, and those baby blue eyes melt my heart everytime I look at you. 
I believe you may be at the teething stage, which is nightmarish for you and I but I love you none the less. And this to shall pass my precious baby. 
What you think is so funny right now is the sound of a cat meowing. (your nanny would be so proud, because she love love loves kitty cats) Mommy meows all the time, sounding quite ridiculous, yet making you almost squeal with delight
I will not say that you are a little porker, but little honey pie, you love to eat! You eat about every 3-4 hours even if that means parking somewhere to stop and feed you. I don't mind, because I always get a kick out of your excited face when you see the... "food" coming.
Bad habits? you have started sucking your thumb to go to sleep...this will be ok for now, but later my pumpkin we will have to work on that..
I couldn't be a more proud to call you mine.

"I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be",
love, Mommy


my favorite onesie

Go Irish!
tummy/play time

what a sweet baby..

1 comment:

the sweeties that read my blog wanna say...