Monday, September 26, 2011

the big white dress

My sister and I and ofcourse my precious little ones went shopping...for..the big white dress...
My little sis is getting married!
So we headed on over to our local bridal shop and the wedding dress bonanza began....
With sooooooooooooooo many to choose from...we had to begin narrowing down.
Ok, but sis had done her research and knew exactly what she was looking for.

It wasn't at all like the $1000+ enormous dress, enormous train, beaded, pearly, sparkly dress I wore.

My little sis was going for much simpler, beautiful and classy.  
Seriously yal, I wanted to dive right in and try these suckers on.
But I didn't.
This was the day all about my sister. And I wanted it to be special for her. So I snapped pics along the way, making her swear she wouldn't let her fiance peek at my blog.

She started with these 3 beauties and they were even prettier on her...
Rylee said she looked like Cinderella.
She was perfect as a peach. Just glowing, couldn't stop smiling, and looking so lovely.

That's what love does to you.   
The bridal consultant was precious as a plum too. She was a short little thing, very personable, and in a steady relationship ( I love learning details about everyone). She chatted about wedding details, venues, and colors. 
We giggled. We chatted all about weddings. Our likes, our dislikes, and the such nots. :)

 more posts to come as we prepare for her big day...
I love big fancy dresses.
And I love love.

“The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It's a choice you make - not just on your wedding day, but over and over again - and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife.”


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful dresses! I loved shopping for dresses with my sister, and then with my best friend a few years later...hopefully one day I will too!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day, yours is very cute!! I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love wedding dresses! I rented my own, but I made my oldest daughter's.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey i gave you a blog award today!! Check it out :) http://hollyjean331.blogspot.com/2011/09/pinterest-loves-blog-awards-oh-my.html

    ReplyDelete

the sweeties that read my blog wanna say...