Monday, September 12, 2011

this time last year...

We had been trying to have another baby since August of 2009.
After months of frustration and worry...I became pregnant in March 2010.
We were beyond excited. I mean grinning from ear to ear. 
So, I went to have some lab work done to check the blood levels in April - to make sure we were indeed growing a baby. 
On April 26, 2010... I got the most heart breaking phone call of my life, we had lost the baby.

So, we have an angel in heaven who never made it to our arms but is resting peacefully in God's arms.


I remember feeling empty and alone for days, weeks even. Too weak to speak to my own family. Too upset to be consoled.
I remember standing in our living room wrapped in Mike's arms.
And I remember thinking "maybe God doesn't want us to have another baby?"

Then, after some time to heal our broken hearts, back came my optimism.
I thought about what a miracle our little Rylee girl is. And what a wonderful plan God had for us when he gave us her. She wasn't exactly planned, but we wouldn't take ANY.THING. in the world for our beautiful daughter. I began thinking that the directions of our lives aren't always chosen by us, because God has other plans...

And then the unthinkable happened...
I took a pregnancy test on September 12, 2011 at 4am. (ONE YEAR AGO TODAY!)
I waited on those 2 pink lines....
I WAS PREGNANT!
But, I was scared, nervous, anxious, excited too...
I knew God would take care of me and our baby. I prayed.
I talked to my growing belly everyday, letting the sweet baby inside know my voice.
And boy did my belly grow!

and grow..




and grow...

and...grow

I took pictures every week of my progress ...I won't post all 40 of them :).
Each week passing gave us more and more hope.
We loved this baby already and couldn't wait to meet her.

And then God gave us our Reese.
Our other miracle baby girl that we had been dreaming of.

"A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

the sweeties that read my blog wanna say...