When Rylee started walking, my fears settled a bit and I wasn't the "frantic paranoid mama". But....along came baby #2 and the overly protective, crazy, and totally paranoid mama came back! And now...with 2 kids...its reaalllllll bad! Seriously, this is our routine (Target trip example)...
1. mama parks, wraps that "going out with kids purse" over shoulder, (after double checking all zippers are secure...)
2. both kids still in car...
3. lock all doors
4. mama moves to back of vehicle, proceeds to unlock doors... to open the trunk door to get out stroller
5. mama gets Rylee out, escorts her to Reese's side of vehicle, (requesting that she "holds onto mama til I get sissy out")
6. mama gets Reese and carseat out and manages to get them into the stroller
7. begins to move away from vehicle after clicking the lock button approximately 6 times.
And that's just getting out of the vehicle, it's way worse for when we have to get back in. I know it sounds a bit silly, but all I can think about are precious little ones who are ripped from their parents while shopping, or checking the mail, or getting off the school bus...etc... I just couldn't imagine.
Now, I know I just should try not to think about it, but it's not that easy. My children are irreplaceable as any child to a mother is....so I take every precaution to keep them safe....even if that means one day they talk about what a crazy paranoid mama I was.
Now, look at these precious babes....
xoxo, Happy Friday